Counting Calories

The first step for me in losing weight is counting calories. I found a great website (loseit.com) where you create an account, put in your weight, your goal weight and how many pounds you want to lose each week. It tells you how many calories per day you can have and when you will reach your goal weight. Then, everything you eat, you add into the system. The great thing is, there's an app for the phone where you can log in with your account and enter what you eat into your phone. You can search restaurants, specific foods or you can enter in your own food if you know how many calories it has. Also, you enter in your exercise and how many calories you burned and it adds those calories into your total you can have for the day.

It holds me very accountable. I'm less likely to eat something I shouldn't if I know I have to enter it into the system. Also, if I eat a big lunch then I know how many more calories I can have for supper and it helps me choose better things or smaller portions.

It's a great disciplinary tool. I just bought the book that goes with it (http://www.amazon.com/Lose-Personalized-Weight-Loss-Revolution/dp/B005IUHYRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327756422&sr=8-1) that will hopefully help me to make better use of the program and make a better strategy for me. When it arrives and I get through some if it, I will update you on how it is.

Well, I need to get moving. I have a lot to get done today!

Comments

Popular Posts