A New Plan

2020 has been a crazy and stressful year to say the least. Lots of loss, quarantine, masks, politics etc. Life has changed. 

I've taken many different paths in the past to try to be healthier and to lose weight. I did have some success losing weight while counting calories, but I wasn't able to maintain and I gave up for awhile. I didn't want to put forth any effort, I lost the drive to change. I accepted that this is the way I am and thought there wasn't anything I could do about it. 

I've followed a blog for several years and the author mentioned a program called 75 Hard so I looked it up to see what it was all about. It is a lifestyle change that is both restrictive and not if that makes any sense. I am a terrible planner - always have been and despite several attempts at changing this I think I always will be. I am not good at planning meals for the week or waking up early just to make a lunch that is within my calorie allowance for the day. It isn't my personality to do that. This plan is more about creating habits that you can implement into your daily life forever to be healthier overall and not just to lose weight. 

1. Drink a gallon of water every day.

2. Exercise for 45 minutes twice a day - one workout must be outside. 

3. Follow a diet of your choosing - I have chosen intermittent fasting. 

4. Take a progress picture every day. 

5. Read 10 pages of a motivational book. 

The plan is that you do this for 75 days - hence the name. If you miss something on a day you have to start the 75 days over again. 

Tomorrow I am re-starting my 75 days. I made it 15 days, but tomorrow it begins again. It's not something I am embarassed about or ashamed of - things happen and it is okay to mess up as long as you keep going. I really think this is something I can maintain and improve my overall health for the long run. 


Comments

Popular Posts