10 Days

Today is day 1 of the "ten-day vegetable-and-water-resolve challenge." In the devotional I am reading the author proposes a challenge to eat only vegetables and drink only water for 10 days. This is the point that I reached in the devotional last year and I didn't even try. (I usually have a hard time finishing anything. I like to think that I am getting better with this, but that is also where the blog comes in. It holds me accountable.) I felt kind of intimidated with this challenge. Only vegetables? It just seemed impossible. This time I am giving it a go and I really think I can do it. The author uses the story of Daniel when he and the 3 with him asked to be fed only vegetables and water for 10 days to show that they would look healthier than all the others who were eating the royal food after the 10 days. In the end, Daniel and the ones with him were healthier. This is the inspiration. Now I do not plan on maintaining this lifestyle, it's just a part of the journey. It's a temporary change that will hopefully help me choose better things in the future. The problem with cutting everything out is that when I know I can't have something it makes me want it 100 times more. I think that is a common human reaction that you could apply to anything, but just knowing I won't be having any sugar all week...

Thankfully tomorrow's devotion is about sugar intake. I am sure to learn something that will help.

Also, I have decided to weigh in every Monday. There is a section on the right hand side of the blog entitled "Weighing In."

Day 1 of veggies and water down... 9 more to go. 



Comments

Popular Posts