31.4!!!!

Finally some good news to report. I've lost my first 30! It is such a relief in a way. I was stuck so long trying to reach that goal that I felt I would never get there.

I know that I still have a ways to go before I am at a healthy weight, but I really feel like I can do it. The only thing holding me back is myself. There are always excuses I can make, but really it comes down to self-discipline. I shouldn't worry about going out on the weekends (one of the many excuses I have told myself), I should just make better choices when we do. It's all about choices. There is always a healthier option.

Now I need to get into the habit of running. I just haven't wanted to go. Once again, I can make a lot of excuses, but I just need to do it. I think I need to alternate running and strength training or exercising with the Wii. Maybe with more variety, I will be more likely to do it.

So my next goal will be to lose 40 pounds. I have 8.6 left to go. Maybe I will be able to make it before vacation!

Vacation Bible School is this week at church. It keeps us really busy. Last night was the first night and it seemed to go really smoothly. We have a lot of people involved and they all did what needed to be done. This is the first time I'm not teaching and it feels kind of strange. It does however give me time to work on the movie each night when I would normally be teaching instead of having to do that at home afterwards. Hopefully we will have more kids show up tonight.

It's been a stressful day at work today. There's a lot going on and my patience is wearing thin. Sometimes it feels like no matter what I do, it's never good enough or the right thing. Tomorrow will be better.

This post has been kind of everywhere. Sometimes you just have to get it all out.

Comments

  1. Audrey, so proud of the weight loss. And look you are already on the way to the 40 pound mark. Only have 8.6 to go. You are right. You have to learn to make the right choices in food and you can do that no matter where you go. Good idea with the mixing of the wii with the running and the strength training. Adds variety and you will enjoy it more.
    Praying for VBS and glad you had a good turnout last night. God will use all of you in a special way.
    Will continue to keep you in prayer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Congratulations on losing 30 pounds! One thing I’ve found to be extremely helpful and useful as a supplement to my current diet/exercise plan is Fullbar (www.fullbar.com). Not only does it help you lose weight, it helps you keep that weight off!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts