A Fresh Start


Today was a fresh start for me. I haven't posted anything since January and haven't run since May. These past 2 years have been very tough emotionally and mentally. I've used this as an excuse to not take care of myself. It's time for a change, an overhaul of the way I'm living. I tend to put everything else before what I want and I need to take the time for myself. The only person who benefits from my running is me and I have to take the time for this, I want to take the time for it.   


I finally went for a run today. (I call it running even though I am walking most of the time right now.) Today I ran for 1 minute, then walked for 2 and alternated this until I got back to the house. 


I ended up running 1.84 miles in 30:40. It's not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but the important part is that I did it. 



Back on March 30th I signed up for the Fall Runathon. I ran this in 2014. Last year I signed up for it and then didn't participate in any of them. There's not a whole lot of time before these races, but I plan to finish them even if I have to walk the majority of the time.


I hate that I've wasted so much time being unhealthy and not taking care of myself, but I'm putting that behind me and moving forward in a better direction. 

Comments

Popular Posts