The Mirror

Looking into the mirror is frightening on multiple levels. I often avoid the mirror. The mirror reflects so many things. What do I look like? What am I doing with my life? What are my priorities? What are my fears? It is so easy to avoid these questions, and I have been avoiding the mirror for the last 3 years.

When I first started my journey in 2012 I had so much motivation and I was so determined. I was eating right, I lost weight, I was running and things were good. Then something changed and I stopped trying. I blame it on a lot of things, but it all boils down to the choices I made each day. Bad things happen in life. Life is stressful. I can't let those things control what I am doing to my body. It's all about choices. This has been a phrase that has been with me since a youth event I volunteered at when I was around 19. Everything we do is a choice and I have been making poor choices for the last 3 years.

I need a fresh start for myself and my health. I need to look in the mirror, truly examine what it is that I need to do to make my life what I want it to be. I want to find that better me that this journey was originally started to find.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting any younger and the longer I wait to make changes, the less likely they are to happen. So why not now? Why not start this journey today? I took a detour and got off track, but that doesn't mean I have to stay on the wrong path. I can make the changes. I've done it before so I know I can. I just have to consciously make the right choices each and every day to make sure I don't fall back on the wrong path.

The time is now.


Comments

Popular Posts