Vacation Pt. 1

What an amazing adventure my husband and I just had! We decided to take a road trip to the Grand Canyon and once we started making plans, we ended up wanting to go all the way to the coast of California. Let me just say, I am so glad we did. We saw so many incredible things, things that I can't even begin to describe, but I am going to try my best to share with you.

Ready to go!

We drove through Illinois and part of Missouri the first day. We didn't see much except for traffic and the St. Louis Arch.


The next day was a lot more exciting. We drove through Oklahoma and into Texas We got to see several different attractions:

The Big Blue Whale in Catoosa, OK
This used to be a swimming park and it is a part of the historic Route 66. It was built in the early 1970's.

Whale Skeleton at the Museum of Osteology in Oklahoma City, OK
This is the largest museum of skeletons in America with over 300 skeletons on display!

66 foot tall soda bottle at Pops in Arcadia, OK
Pops has over 600 different sodas. It was insane. The food was really good and we brought home a 6 pack of different sodas to try. 


We ended the day with a Texan sunset. It was beautiful! (Pictures never really do it justice.) 

The next day we drove through the rest of Texas, New Mexico and part of Arizona. We got to see several different things here as well.

Palo Duro Canyon

This is "The Grand Canyon of Texas." It was very beautiful here and definitely worth seeing. 


We ate at the Big Texan for breakfast: Home of the free 72 oz. steak. 


Then we stopped at the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, TX. There are10 Cadillacs buried nose first in the ground. You're allowed to spray paint them if you want. It was pretty interesting. Another Route 66 stop.


We drove straight through New Mexico and into Arizona and got to see another beautiful sunset. 

There is too much to fit in one post, so I will break it up into sections. I do have some good news though, I gained weight on vacation, but I only gained .2 pounds. I was very surprised that I didn't gain more, and very happy that I am still on track. I will try to post another part later today or tomorrow. 

Until then...


















Comments

Popular Posts