Metallica

Two weeks ago Lucas and I traveled to Detroit to attend the Orion Music and More Festival. 6 years ago today we got married and at our reception, our first dance was to Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters." We have been waiting for them to come somewhere close so that we could see them and Detroit is as close as they came. So we decided to go.

It was a lot of fun. They had a car show, haunted house, an art exhibit and Metallica museum. And of course, lots of music. Saturday night the Red Hot Chili Peppers played. That was a pretty good show. Sunday we got their kind of early and were able to stand in the second row in the front. They let us stay there all day until it was time for Metallica to come on. Then we learned you had to have special tickets to get to stay that close and we had to move. Honestly, it didn't really matter. We still got to see  Metallica. And they played our song. I cried through the whole thing. It was a beautiful moment. 
   
This is how close we were to the stage!

The Deftones singer got really close.
Metallica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                               
We had a great time and are hoping to go back next year. It was a nice little get away and we finally were able to see Metallica and hear them play our song live.    









Comments

  1. I love Nothing Else Matters. That's such a great song. I'm glad you had a great time! Thank you for my Cara Box!! I absolutely love it. The pretzels are definitely my favorite and the coffee is a very welcome surprise!! I haven't read The Night Circus and I don't have it so I love that too. Everything else is so amazing. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts