A Little Bit of Everything

I have really been slacking on the blog posts lately. Life just gets so busy. So now it's time to catch up. I joined Weight Watchers and have weighed in 3 times including my initial weigh in. I started at 189 and am down to 185.2! Woo hoo!! This week I have not been eating very well, but I still have time to make up for it. The first WW meeting I went to, I felt really out of place and kind of uncomfortable. The next week our meeting was cancelled. This past Saturday I went back and felt a little better about it. It's always hard meeting new people and it seems they all already know each other. I'm sure it will get better as time goes on. 


Weight Watchers has helped me stay on track and I won Round 2 of the dietbet! It's an extra push in the right direction when I know I have to lose a certain amount of weight each month. It feels good to succeed. The first 2 dietbets I participated in, I failed. This time I have won Rounds 1 and 2. Hopefully I will be able to keep up the momentum.


I had one last long run before the big race. I ran a different route than normal. I learned once I got home that it was hillier than the 10 mile race that I ran. I went into it thinking it would be easier because it's flat. Obviously, I was wrong. But the run was completed thanks to my Dad. I wanted to quit after about 4.5 miles, but he was at church where I stopped to get a drink of water so I had to keep going.


This week is the Kentucky Derby Festival Mini-Marathon. 13.1 miles... It's going to be tough, but I know I can finish. This weekend is also the TWLOHA virtual 5K. In case you're new to the blog their mission statement is, "To Write Love on Her Arms in a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery." Check out the race package they sent:


I believe it's about time for bed. Until next time...


Comments

Popular Posts