KDF miniMarathon Recap

Last Saturday was my first Mini Marathon. I ran the Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon in downtown Louisville along with 16,000 of my closest friends. It was a fantastic race to be a part of. I really only had one goal for the race... to finish.

I thought I would finish between 3:00 and 3:30. I finished in 3:19:04. My 10K finish time and the 10K time in the mini were the exact same!


It was so fun to have all of the people cheering along the way. I'm pretty sure there was someone in sight cheering the entire 13.1 miles. We even ran through Churchill Downs which was pretty neat. I tried to just enjoy myself while I was running. By mile 10 my legs felt like they were going to explode and my feet were killing me. The next investment I'm going to make for running is to go get fitted for running shoes. The blisters were not pretty by any means.

This is the first race that I've received a finisher's medal for...



Receiving these emails from Runkeeper always makes me smile!! I was so happy to have finished that I forgot to stop my watch when I crossed the Finish Line. 



Lucas took this picture once we got home. This was a huge accomplishment. I never dreamed I would run this far, much less that I would pay to run this far. Someone asked me, "You just ran the mini right?" It's not just a mini. It was 13.1 miles (13.23 according to Runkeeper.) I may have been slow and I may have walked a lot, but I finished and I couldn't be happier!!!


Comments

Popular Posts