A Little Motivation

Decided to redesign the blog this weekend. Hope you like the new look! This weekend was full of relaxation which I felt was desperately needed. It's so nice to not be taking classes right now. We went to a Derby party Saturday and then stayed to watch the big fight. It was nice to hang out and enjoy time with family. 

Sunday I had every intention of taking a nap in between church in the AM and church in the PM, but my body just would not cooperate. I ended up watching my latest addiction...


It has been my favorite show recently and lucky me, Hulu has lots of seasons to watch. 

Yesterday I finished Day 2 of Couch to 5k. It's mainly walking in the beginning. The first week is a 5 minute walking warm up, followed by alternating jogging for 1 minute and 1 1/2 minutes of walking until there's only 5 minutes left to cool down which is also a walk. The total workout is 30 minutes. I went almost 2 miles in the 30 minutes. 


As a little extra motivation I just signed up for the Fall Runathon. I ran it last fall and enjoyed the first two races, the last one was a challenge though! It is a 5K, 10K and a half marathon. It's not until September and October so I have plenty of time to train. I knew if I paid for it now I would have to run it which should motivate me to run consistently. I want to finish a half marathon and not feel like I'm about to die. Surely, I can accomplish that. 

Comments

Popular Posts