Fall In Love With Running

The itch to run returned with the change of the seasons. How can I stay inside and do Insanity when it is so beautiful outside? I went for a run Thursday morning and just wanted to run 3.1 miles. It wasn't about running a certain pace/time, it was just about finishing. This is what happened...
 

I guess Insanity has helped get me into shape a little bit. I was so surprised! So then I thought, might as well try to train for a 10k. It will give me a new goal and motivation to keep going. Friday morning I followed the first day of training and was able to run even a little farther. 


Now I just want to run. I pushed through the 1st month of Insanity and started the 2nd month, but that runner's high you hear about is so much better than how I feel after Insanity. I may try to combine them because the 10k training is 3 days a week so I can do Insanity workouts the other 3 days and rest one day a week. We'll see what happens. 

After my run on Friday.
Tomorrow morning I am teaching a Junior Achievement class for the 1st time. It's exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time. It should be a good experience, but I just don't know what to expect with the students. Hopefully it all goes well...

Comments

Popular Posts