Weighing In and Random Thoughts

Down 1 pound this week. I am almost back under 190! It's better than last week. A friend told me on Sunday that I am too hard on myself. This is something that I have always had a problem with. I've never been satisfied with myself. It's something I'm working on, but it's tough.

Today I was talking with someone at work about where we are and what brought us there. I've always wondered where I would be if I had made different choices throughout my life. I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be now and there's a reason I've crossed paths with all of the people I have met along the way (good or bad.) I've definitely been challenged by some of the people I've met and hopefully I have had a positive impact on them as I've passed through. I wanted to be several different things after I graduated and I don't know that I ever considered accounting. (I may have and just don't remember.) I wanted to be a youth minister, a psychiatrist or counselor and a writer. It's interesting to look at my life now: I teach the teenagers at church, I like to think that I help people by talking to them and more importantly listening and now I have a blog. So maybe I am doing all the things I wanted to do, just probably not the way I envisioned.

It's funny the way things work out.


Comments

Popular Posts