A Fresh Start

My Dad said something in his sermon this morning that really got me thinking. He said (paraphrasing) that if you want to have a successful 2014, you need to forget about your failures of 2013. There were several things I wanted to accomplish last year that I never did. I consider these failures and I have always been really hard on myself. Now I need to move on and set goals for this year, forget about the things I never accomplished and accomplish greater things in 2014.

The first goal is to complete the Daniel Plan book/journal. It's a 40 day study and diet change. I did a Daniel Fast one other time for a shorter period, but this is a more comprehensive plan. I am looking forward to starting it.

                                                 


Another goal this year is to complete the Louisville triple crown of running. I'm really nervous about it now because it is coming up soon and I haven't been training for it. Here is this week's schedule: 

 
Thankfully tomorrow is a cross training day because the high temperature is 0. 

The third goal is to blog more. When I become inactive (lazy) I don't have much to blog about so this year I am going to stay active all year. I also want to reach my goal weight and I do much better when I am active and sharing my story. 

2014 is going to be a year full of challenges and changes. I know there will be some failures, but I won't let them get me down. 

Comments

Popular Posts