Just What I Needed

Today I had the worst run I've had in a long time. I would love to blame it on having the flu a couple weeks ago and this lingering cough, but we all know I stopped running long before I got the flu. So today when I ran and had to take walk breaks to finish the 3 miles on the training schedule, I was pretty frustrated with myself. I was going to just run 2 miles as I got into my run because I didn't think I could finish, but I knew I would be disappointed if I didn't go the whole 3. I ended up running/walking 3.12 miles.


I was pretty excited to get to use the new running watch I got for Christmas. I really liked it. It's a Tomtom watch and it's really easy to use. It also will sync with Runkeeper which I was happy about since that's where most of my past runs are logged. 

I also got to try out some new earphones. I have had a hard time finding any that will stay in my ears while running. I was starting to think my ears were deformed or something.


These worked perfectly. They are yurbuds and are designed specifically for women. We will see if I continue to love them when I am running on a regular basis, but they worked great today.

Today's run was just what I needed. Now I am more determined to get back into running so I can complete the races I have already signed up for. I hate being disappointed in myself and I don't want to feel that way on race day. I want to finish and feel good about it. No more slacking. 

Here's next week's schedule: 


This week the only days I checked off were the rest days and today. Next week will be different. Monday we are starting the Daniel Plan which will hopefully also help my running. I'll be filled with healthy food and not grease and nastiness and hopefully will not have anymore worst runs ever. I got my fill of that today.

Comments

Popular Posts