Flashback

To say this winter has not been great for running is definitely an understatement. This morning I got up and got on the treadmill. I ran 2 miles and felt more exhausted than I did after the race Saturday. Running on the treadmill is so much harder for me, but it's the only choice I have right now. I ran the 2 miles in 25:21. The next race is March 8th and it is 6.2 miles. No matter how much I do not enjoy getting on the treadmill, it's the only way I'm going to be ready for the race and I need to be ready this time.


Since I started the Dietbet I have been tracking calories again via Sparkpeople. It always helps when I track obviously. It is so easy to eat whatever you want when you're not looking at the numbers. Tomorrow is the official weigh in day so we will see how Week 2 went. I weigh myself every day. I know weight fluctuates a lot, but I can't not step on the scale in the morning. I'm afraid it will get out of control if I don't keep an eye it. It's a little obsessive I know, but hopefully once I'm more comfortable with my weight I won't feel the need to look every day multiple times a day.

Now for the flashback. This morning when I got on the treadmill I saw that my weight from when we first bought the treadmill was saved. I had completely forgotten that it was on there. We bought the treadmill back in 2008 I believe. 

Displaying photo.JPG

It's crazy to me that I don't ever remember weighing that much. I'm sure I avoided the scale at all costs at that point. I don't ever want to see that number again. That was 40 pounds ago. 40 pounds... I'm on my way to losing the rest, and I don't plan on finding it again.

Comments

Popular Posts