It's Almost Time

The first race of the Triple Crown of Running is Saturday morning. THIS Saturday morning. I'm getting pretty nervous about it. Several people from work are going to be there since they made it a work "wellness activity." It's not bad, it's just that they don't know what this means for me. They don't know how running has helped me lose weight. (And will continue to help me lose weight.) They don't know how much I used to weigh and how hard it was to even start running again. They don't know the old me so it's nerve-wracking and honestly kind of scary.

Yesterday I woke up early and ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill. (My Dad told me I need to stop calling it the dreadmill. Running is really a mental sport so I think it's pretty good advice.)


I stopped just a few times during the run, but I was so happy to finish. It boosted my confidence that I will be able to finish the race Saturday. I haven't run outside in a long time so we will see if it makes any difference.

In order to continue losing weight I signed up for a Diet Bet. Basically you sign up and pay a fee. If you lose the percentage of your weight that is the goal by the end of the bet, then you win your money back plus a portion of what everyone else put in who didn't meet the goal. I read about it on another blog and have signed up for 2 others in the past but didn't even try after I signed up. This bet is for 6 months instead of just a month like the others. It started one week ago yesterday and so far I have lost 2.4 pounds! 


We are getting our company race shirts tomorrow and I love the saying they chose to put on them so I will share that with you tomorrow...





Comments

Popular Posts