50 Pounds Down

It's hard to fathom that I have lost 50 pounds. It's a very surreal feeling. 50 pounds?!?! How is that even possible?


When I was at my heaviest, I didn't realize how heavy I was. I avoided mirrors and looking at pictures of myself. When I look back now at those pictures I just think, "How could I have lived that way?" and "How could I do that to myself?" Maybe the most important question is, "Why couldn't I see it?" I don't know if 230 was my heaviest weight or not, you tend to avoid scales at that point. I think maybe we just get so comfortable in our lives that we ignore the problems. I don't think anyone sets out to gain so much weight and to live such an unhealthy lifestyle so why do so many people live that way? Why is it such an acceptable way of life?


I haven't completed my weight loss journey, but I don't plan on going backwards. I want to enjoy my life and not be held back by my weight. I want to truly live. 



Comments

Popular Posts