Kettlebell

I have been listening to a Podcast about weight loss and have really been enjoying it. I listened to one last week that was about kettlebell training. I have heard of a kettlebell, but didn't really know much about it, but it was very intriguing. 

Here's some fun facts from WebMD:

 - The kettlebell was developed by Russian strongmen to train.

 - Gerard Butler used kettlebell workouts to train for his role of King Leonidas of Sparta in the movie 300

 - During a study, it was found that participants burned 20 calories per minute which equates to 400 calories for a 20 minute workout. This would be the equivalent of running a six-minute mile or cross-country skiing uphill at a fast pace. 

These all seem like good attributes so why not give it a shot?

I ordered a 25 pound kettlebell and the book that was spoken about on the Podcast. 


Tonight we did the first workout in the book which is 15 minutes. I did 150 double handed kettlebell swings in 15 minutes. It was a pretty intense workout. I was definitely wore out and think that I will be able to feel the pain in the morning. I decided to order a 15 pound kettlebell as well because the 25 pound one was pretty tough. I intend on doing more research and reading through the book as well. Hopefully this will be a positive change in our lives.

Comments

Popular Posts