Running, School and Art

I found a new place to run this week and successfully went 2 nights after work! Monday I took my running clothes to work with me went straight to the park afterwards. If I come home first I am less likely to go run. It was a nice change of scenery too. I ended up running 2.32 miles. 


Tuesday I used the same tactics as Monday and enjoyed a nice run. I ran 3.19 miles. I ran around the loop 3 times instead of the 2 from Monday. I enjoyed the run and felt good afterwards which is what I need. I have a 10K race this coming Saturday so I've got to kick it into gear. 


There was no more running the rest of the week. Wednesday night was church night and Thursday I went with my Mom and MIL to Uptown Art and painted a beautiful picture. It was a lot of fun! I've always enjoyed painting and drawing and this was a great experience. I would highly recommend it if you've never been!




School started this past Thursday. This class is going to be A LOT of work. It's kind of scary. It's going to take up the majority of my free time and there's a lot of writing to turn in each week. It's been so long since I've been in school. I am looking forward to the journey, it's just a little stressful right now. 

So the plan for this week is to run Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I have until October 1st to decide if I am going to run the half marathon on Oct. 25th or if I am going to defer it to next year. The race has a 3 1/2 hour time limit and I'm afraid I won't be able to finish in that amount of time so I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to see how my runs go Monday and Tuesday and then make the decision. I want to run it, but I don't want to get to the finish line and it's not there anymore.

Lots going on this week so I'm sure I'll have more to post about.



Comments

Popular Posts