Brrrrr....

Yesterday was freezing here as you can see from the chart below. It's the coldest it has been here since February 2011.

Date/Time     Temp   Dew
 Point
HumidityPressureVisibilityCeiling   WindGustWeather
3:56 PM, Mon
21 January 2013
             28°                 31%           30.2in       10mi      Unl

WNW
21mph
28mph Few Clouds

I had a scheduled run and since I hate the treadmill, I decided to go ahead and run outside. What was I thinking?  It wasn't too bad at first, but when I made the turn and had to run into the wind, it was so difficult. The wind just took my breath away. I thought to myself, "You are crazy." Now I know people run in colder weather than this, but this is the coldest so far for me. However, I did complete the run and for that I am thankful.

My Runkeeper app was not working properly. When I ran .25 miles it said I ran 1.4 and my average pace was 3 minutes and something. I'm not sure what happened. I ended up running 2.01 in 28.47.

So glad to be home.
I am down 1.2 pounds this week. I kind of blew it this afternoon though. Work was very stressful today and I didn't handle it very well. I've never really thought of myself as a stress eater, but today I realized that I am. Definitely need to work on that. I was supposed to be fasting today as a part of the devotional I am going through. I wasn't even hungry really, I just didn't deal with my feelings appropriately. I'm a little disappointed in myself, but we all have bad days. I just have to strive to not have very many.

(Found this on Pinterest)
I learned something about myself today. Or rather I just accepted something about myself and it took the bad to make me see. Maybe there really is something good in every day.

Comments

Popular Posts