Week 1

The first week of the year has been a success. I stayed in my WW points for the week. Thankfully you get extra every week to use when you want. We went out to eat Saturday and my meal was 50 points!!! That's insane. At least it taught me to look up the point values before I go. Preparation is the key.

We also went to see the Princess Diana exhibit this weekend. It was really interesting to learn all about her. I can't imagine wearing a wedding dress with that enormous train. She looked so unhappy in most of the pictures they had of her. I didn't know much about her before and it was good to see all of the things she was involved in and how she influenced so many people's lives. It makes me think about a couple of things: what do people see when they see pictures of me and what will my legacy be? These are good things to keep in mind when trying to make all of these changes. I don't want people to look back and think, "Why did she look so unhappy?"

I also completed week 1 of the couch to 5k program. On the schedule for the 1st week there is a 5 minute warm up walk followed by 8 sets of alternating between 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking and lastly a 5 minute cool down walk. There are only 3 runs scheduled per week. These were some of the coldest runs I've ever been on. I don't think I've ever run when there is snow on the ground before. It wasn't too challenging, but I know it's going to get tougher as the schedule progresses. I am debating about signing up for a 5k race in June. It's the Color Run. It looks like it'd be a lot of fun, I've just got to work up the courage to do it. 

On a final note, I did lose 3.6 pounds this week! It's good to see results again and makes me wonder why I ever stopped in the first place. As the kids at church said tonight, "Don't worry about the past. It's in the past." All I can do is move forward and make the changes now. 


Comments

Popular Posts