Virtual 5K

Today was the big day. Katie over at RunsForCookies.com was having a Virtual 5K for her 31st birthday. She is such an inspiration and has an amazing story that she has shared. It is very encouraging to read her blog and see that when you really try, you can do what you set out to do. For the race you just had to log your time through her blog. I am only on week 4 of C25K, but I thought I could finish the race so I signed up. I have really been looking forward to it because The Color Run is in June and I wanted to see how I would fair at that distance now. I am really thankful that she set this up. It felt so good to actually finish the 3.1 miles. I thought it would take about 45 minutes:


It only took 41:04! It is strange to look back at last year when I was running. It took 5 months to build up to 2.34 miles. 25 days into this year and I can make it 3.1??? What's the difference? Maybe it's because I am actually following a program, maybe I didn't pushed myself enough last year or I was just happy at 2 miles because I didn't think I could go any farther. Now I know better.

Lucas asked me why I always smile in the pictures I take after  I run.  Before I answered he said, "I know running makes you feel good." It truly does. 
This is the first time I have run 3.1 miles since high school. Granted, I did not actually run the whole time (that doesn't come until Week 8 of the program) but I finished. It's a good feeling to accomplish a goal.

Today really was a big day!



Comments

  1. I LOVE this! "Running makes you feel good"--TRUTH :) CONGRATS on such a great run! You'll rock your Color Run, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts