Dreams Do Come True

Last night we saw Shinedown for the 3rd time! I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing them or listening to their music. You can read about the 1st time we saw them here. This time we were in the 5th row behind the pit so we could actually see everything that was going on. It was phenomenal. There is never a doubt that they love what they do when you watch them perform. You can tell it's not about the fame, it's not about the money, it's about the fans and being an inspiration.




So one of my dreams was realized last night/this morning. I met Shinedown!!! They did a meet and greet after the show and it was amazing. You always wonder what it would be like to meet someone who has inspired you so much. There aren't words for it. They were so friendly and humble and I respect them even more now. To meet some of your fans after you just performed for an hour and a half and it's mindnight, to shake our hands, give us hugs and genuinely seem like you want to be there doing that exact thing at that exact moment...what can I say?



I think this picture pretty much sums up how I was feeling. This was about an hour later and I was still glowing. I couldn't sleep last night I was so excited. 


I know this may all seem silly and you may not get it, but that's okay. I met the people who have inspired me to write again, who have helped inspire me to change and finally work on becoming the person I truly am and not the person that I have been. They've inspired me to want to be an inspiration to others, to find my calling and that life's too short to not love what you do. Shinedown has done this for me and I can't wait until next time...

Comments

  1. I can agree with you that it is so amazing to meet the people who inspire you so much! that is so exciting that you got to meet them!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts