Day 10

Well, I didn't know if I would make it through the end of the challenge, but here we are. It is the end of the final day of veggies and water. I don't really feel any different from eating only vegetables, but I am not sure that 10 days is enough time to tell a difference. The next challenge in my devotional is to drink unsweetened cranberry juice diluted with water every morning and evening for a month. It is supposed to detoxify your body. Cranberry juice also prevents different health issues such as infections and kidney stones and it improves your overall health. I have always seen cranberry juice as something you drink when you are having health issues, not   to prevent them. So another challenge has arisen. I am learning that challenging myself is a great motivator. Failure is not an option and if I propose things as a challenge then I will see them through to the end. (or at least do everything in my power to complete the task)
I started using the treadmill again yesterday. I must say that I feel a lot better when I get on it than when I don't. It excites me to think that I am getting healthier and am able to run longer and farther as time goes on. I have heard a lot about the couch to 5k program that gives you a schedule of what days to walk/jog and for how long. By the end of week 10 you should be able to jog an entire 5k race. I would love to be able to run a 5k race again. It's hard to believe that I ran that every day in high school during cross country season, but I will get to that point again. I am loosely using this program as a reference, but am trying to push myself harder than what is in the schedule. It's something that I know I can do because I have done it before and getting to that point again will be a huge accomplishment. Today when I was running I learned that if I have just the right music playing it really makes me want to keep going. Tonight's song was Dead and Gone by the Black Keys. The beat was great for my pace.
I will leave you with a quote:
"Remember the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor


Comments

Popular Posts