Inspired by Shinedown

Music is one of the most amazing things in the world. It encompasses so many different emotions. It can cheer you up, make you think, make you cry, motivate and inspire. It's universal.

Last year Lucas and I started going to a few concerts. I had no idea what I was missing! We went to the Uproar Festival in September. We really wanted to see two of the main bands that were playing. We only knew a couple of the songs that the headlining band sang so we weren't too sure about them, but we decided to stay. I am so glad that we did. I left that night with a new favorite band...Shinedown.

 
Not only did they put on a great show, their music was beautiful. I know that's not typically a word used for rock music, but I don't know how else to describe it. I have never felt so connected to music. It was an unforgettable feeling. I have been running to their music ever since.

So when I heard they were coming to Lexington, I knew we had to go.


The second time we saw them was even better than the first.



Their music is so encouraging and the lead singer went through a huge transformation over the past year or so. He changed. I've always heard "people never change" and that is a very discouraging thought. People do change, I can change. It's inspiring. If you set your mind to do something you can do it. I want to be like that. I want to inspire people and touch their lives. One song can have such a big impact, it can make you look at life differently or express something that you feel, but don't know how to say. That is why I love music. That is why I love Shinedown. They say things that I feel, that I think and they say it in a way that resonates. 

Towards the end of the show, Brent said that he wanted the crowd to have the best night of our lives and that he wanted us to levitate out of there; that we should have such a good time that we floated home. Mission successful. I had a fantastic night and I can't wait until they come back. 

Comments

Popular Posts