Day 3

Today marks the third day of veggies and water. It has been challenging at times, but not as bad so far as I thought it would be. We had carrots, peas and mushrooms for supper tonight and it was very filling.

I read the devotion about sugar intake and I learned some interesting facts. 6 teaspoons of sugar in one sitting decreases your immune function by 25%, 12 teaspoons decreases it by 60% and 24 teaspoons decreases it by 92%. I had never heard this or even thought about it before. The average adult consumes 32 teaspoons of sugar per day. Just these facts gives a little insight into part of the reason why we get sick so often.

Today's devotion was about portion control. We have been fooled by restaurants into thinking that we need to east huge portions of food and that this is okay. I hardly ever finish my food when we go out to eat, but just seeing how much you are served makes it hard to know how much you should actually eat. I think this process of counting calories will help me to better visualize how much an adequate portion is so that no matter where I am I can eat better.

Today also marks the one month anniversary of the day I started my transformation. I can't believe it's been a month. I have always heard that if you stick with something for 21 days then it becomes habit. According to this , eating healthy should be a little easier from now on. (Or at least tracking my food and trying to eat healthy.)

All in all I am happy with my progress so far and can't wait to see the changes in the future.


Comments

Popular Posts