Milestone

Today I did not have a run scheduled, but it felt like a good day for one. It was in the 40's and so I decided to just do a quick run and I could turn around and come back home whenever I wanted. So I started running. I was listening to Shinedown (of course) and I felt good. I got through the 1st mile and thought, maybe I can run 3.1 miles today. Once the thought was in my head, it wouldn't go away. My fun, unscheduled run turned out to be a huge milestone for me.


I was able to run the entire 3.11 miles! No walking! It seems crazy to me. It is so encouraging and gives me motivation to keep pushing myself. I really feel like this is my time, the changes are going to happen.

I was pretty excited when I finished:


Now, I need to figure out what kind of strength training I need to do in between my running days. Any suggestions?

Comments

Popular Posts