I do not do the good that I want

This week I have constantly been thinking about something Paul said in Romans. "For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing." Romans 7:18b-19. I can't seem to do anything that I know I need to be doing. I want to continue to get healthier, I want to exercise, I want to eat right and yet I keep doing the things I know I should not be doing. What gives? Where has my determination gone? I have been focused on other things and am not taking the time for my health. I am very excited about this new job and it has kind of consumed me. It's a big change and it's coming. It is going to happen.

So... I sat down today and made a plan for the week. Let me say that I have done this many times before and I have NEVER stuck with it. This time will be different. I looked up some clean eating recipes for the week and have my exercising scheduled. I'm thinking the job change is a good time to implement other changes as well. It's a fresh start. This isn't to say that we will always eat 100% "clean," but I am hoping that it will be the majority of the time. I've read more and more about the health benefits of eating clean and I know it will be worth it.

This coming week is my last at my employer of 5 1/2 years. It's a bittersweet time. I love the majority of people there and it will be sad not seeing them again. I know this week of good-byes is going to be hard, but I will not let my emotions distract me from the plan. This is a challenge to myself to stick with it no matter what else may be going on around me.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend. Tonight we're going to some friends' for game night and tomorrow is Easter which means time with the families.

Happy Easter! I leave you with 2 Easter videos.


I used to listen to this song with my Dad in the car:


Comments

Popular Posts