Captivating

There's not too much to report today. I did the Cardio/Abs again for Power 90. I felt like I got a good workout when I finished, but I am itching to run. I may run tomorrow since it is just the sculpting session.

I started a new book/journal this week. It is called Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge.


I just read the 1st chapter this week and started working on the journal. Here is a quote from this week's reading: "I know I am not alone in this nagging sense of failing to measure up, a feeling of not being good enough as a woman. Every woman I've ever met feels it - something deeper than just the sense of failing at what she does. An underlying, gut feeling of failing at who she is. I am not enough, and I am too much at the same time. Not pretty enough, not thin enough, not kind enough, not gracious enough, not disciplined enough. But too emotional, too needy, too sensitive, too strong, too opinionated, too messy. The result is Shame, the universal companion of women. It haunts us, nipping at our heels, feeding on our deepest fear that we will end up abandoned and alone."

I have always said that my biggest fear is failing. It keeps me from doing new things, from doing things that I want to do, but I don't want to fail. I was so encouraged when I read this part to know that I am not alone in that fear. I think I am going to learn a lot and grow from reading this.

Comments

Popular Posts